"Oh-Ah" moments in Atelier

Spoilers?

Totori

When the map exploded with new locations. Then, when Totori said "I should go back to Arland" and I indulged in journeying on foot (and the game let me, even though they'd just gallantly restored the carriage feature) so I could (well earned privilege) explore more of the new locations.

Shallie - the music, whereupon an itch set in that eventually got me to purchase the game.

Sophie 

When I realized that things were happening to other characters in the story world, without the PC being the primary agent of change.

When I stumbled on a scripted event in a gathering area (just like any other, not marked with a star)

When a humble request unlocked a key character.

When I got to do whatever I wanted, while waiting for all my craft-pals to ready Plachta's parts.

Firis

When I almost felt the bivouac mechanic was almost working, and realized I could go anywhere and challenge any boss almost from the get go (although, the game really gives a reason not to, but still lets you wander while you're fumbling to find your way).

And the road trip was still a storied experience.

Lydie & Suelle - the first painting, and its prettily watercolored flowers.

Lulua - when I figured they'd got map design and size just right (sadly, while being well on the way to bigger is better).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Atelier Totori - An adventurer at last!

Atelier Lulua - First impressions